Thursday, July 22, 2010

Watching someone you love go through times of uncertainty...times of questioning...is not easy! 

I think it is especially hard when someone has professed to believe a certain way and seems to be walking that way and then, seemingly out of the blue, they inform you that they don't know what they believe!

How did it happen?  When did it happen?  Why is it happening now?  What in the dern world is stinkin' happening???  I just don't understand!!!

Questions...questions...questions!  I have questions.  She has questions!

It could really mess with me if I let it.  I could get frustrated, angry, sad, scared...and well, I actually have went through all those things.  But, at the end of the day, none of my worrying will produce anything good!

So, I march on, being anxious about NOTHING and instead, praying about EVERYTHING!  

I am learning over and over again that it is not my job to fix things. 

As one of my best friends (Sandy D.) said yesterday, "Our responsibility is not to worry; it is to obey."  I CAN'T fix everything.  I can't convince people.  I can't convict them.  I sure should not condemn them!

My responsibility is simply to obey.  I say simply because it really is simple.  We make it hard.  

Hear God.  Obey God.  Trust God.

His yoke is easy and His burden is light.  

The yokes we create for ourselves are hard and heavy.  

I choose to trust You Lord.  I choose to believe that You care more about my friend than I do.  You care more about what she believes.  You love her more than I ever could!  You have the answers to her questions.  You know what she needs to hear and see.  I choose to trust You with her.  

I choose to not worry...and I need You to help me because, as You well know, worry has been ingrained in me.  But, I am seeing that whatever I worry over gets my focus...and Lord, I want only YOU to have my attention!  

So...I am doing my best to take every single thought captive...not let my imagination run wild.  I will not walk through and create scenarios in my head.  I will turn every worry...every tormenting thought into a prayer of praise.  

You care about everything in my life.  You know my heart.  I choose to delight in You and trust You for the desires of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment