Wednesday, January 8, 2014

My Part

I love the quiet moments of the morning when I get to read something with no loud sounds or flourishing movements around me. Just the gentle lull of the refrigerator and furnace for which I am so grateful.

It is some degrees below zero outside with whistling wind. Why I am allowed to enjoy a cozy and warm home while others endure homelessness I do not know.

The question is what do I do with that?

I have thankfully been blessed to spend time in foreign countries and see how poor that poor can be. The images are seared into my mind. I can almost smell the nauseating smells and see the patches of missing hair from the malnourished.

Oh, to be sure, it has made me a giver. I try to listen intently to the Holy Spirit's leading and give everywhere He says to give. It never feels like enough though. Never.

I suppose it never can feel like enough. This side of heaven, in a fallen world, with hurt and hardship, turmoil and trial, I will never be able to meet all the need I see or feel.

I guess that's why we are each touched by different causes...so we can each do a part.

I pray we will all seek our part. I pray we can all find a quiet moment to get alone with the Father and seek His face and listen carefully for the still, small whisper.

Thank you for speaking Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment