Friday, March 7, 2014

Still Not Being Still

Sad how chaotic and crazy daily life has become in this culture. Most of us rush around, hustling and bustling families all over, from the time we roll out of bed until the time we fall into it!

Even if we can manage to squash our schedules enough to stop running so much, it seems we still contend with our minds that never stop racing thoughts here and there.

I had a blessed moment today while waiting to pick my son up from physical therapy. I had just zipped through the grocery store and gotten that checked off my to-do list and then, there I was...just sitting.

I was only sitting still because I didn't have enough time to get any other errand done! But what a gift in the middle of my day.

BE STILL AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD... Prov. 46:10

I realized in my quiet moment that when I don't take the time to get still, I get wrapped up in trying to be God to myself and others.

I have to remember to slow down and be intentional.

No comments:

Post a Comment