Thursday, December 16, 2010

Tis' the Season to Love

I like this season...this time of year.  

I like the lights, the smells, the decorations, the get-togethers.  

I like most that people are in the mindset of giving...of putting others first...the mindset of love.

I was thinking about how many people probably say, "I love you" to others on a daily basis in the U.S.A.  


But to me, love is an action, not a sweet 3-word phrase.

Oh how many of us throw these words around or just act pleasant toward one another superficially, while secretly loathing inside or thinking nasty or negative thoughts?

How many walk away or silently cut people out of their lives?

I know I have been guilty of it!  In my immaturity or fear or intimidation, I have taken the easy way out at times.

What about those times when we get up the nerve to reach out and try to talk about our feelings and the other person is too busy or will not meet with us?

What about those people who have hurt us by walking away or shutting us out but wanna come back into our circle?  

True love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres.

Always???  Really...ALWAYS?

Yuck!  Don't you hate when it's in the Word so clearly like that?

Love is hard because it lays us vulnerable before another sinner.

In this season of hustle and bustle, shopping and wrapping, take some time to examine your heart and see if there is a gift you can give that cannot be bought.


Is there anyone who needs your forgiveness? 


Is there someone who needs to hear from  you?


Is there someone who has hurt you whom you need to lay at the feet of Jesus and move on?


Do you need to love yourself and set some healthy boundaries for your life?


Love comes in so many forms...and it always costs us something.  


Does God want you to give dollars and cents this year, or is He calling you to comfort another with words or meaningful time?  


Just some thoughts going through my mind in these wee hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment