Thursday, January 10, 2013

Little Bites=Big Victories!

This is the season when many are working at changing things in life. Maybe eating habits or exercise routines...time management or daily reading. Whatever you are trying to change, remember that usually slow and steady wins the race! 

In the past, I have made elaborate plans. I start off with such gusto and then within days I fall flat on my face in failure and defeat. I understand now that I was trying to make too many changes too quickly. I couldn't maintain that momentum and my motivation dwindled. 

Presently, I am focusing on making small changes either daily or weekly so that I can see success and be encouraged. Wow, what a difference!

What are some simple changes you could make that you believe you can actually stick to? Perhaps drinking water through the week and only allowing yourself soda on the weekend. What about committing to read one verse of Scripture per day that you will think on all day long? Maybe you can't workout for 45 minutes but you can alternate walking and jogging in place during every commercial of your favorite show.

Look for ways to include the "littles." Every little bite out of a giant mountain is still a bite! Pick do-able goals and build up from there. In no time at all you will be sharing your victory testimonies with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment