Thursday, January 31, 2013

See.Do.

I have been a busy bee lately helping to get some things done for our mission team leaving for Nicaragua next week.  

I have never been part of the packing process in this way.  My 14-year-old was helping us some and as he sat in the floor surrounded by donations, he said, "I feel like I am stuck in a combination of Hoarders, Buried Alive, and Extreme Couponing!"

What a blessing to have mounds of things around us that others want to give!

What a sickening feeling to know that you are out of suitcase space and money to pay for extra baggage. :(

My basement is full of things that these precious children could use, but unless God opens up doors, we have no way to get them there.

Sadly, there are plenty of people in need right here in our communities.  

Let's open our eyes to the things we would rather not see.  Let's open our ears to what we would rather not hear.

I get it.  I understand.  It's hard.  It's overwhelming.  It's often inconvenient, and as my friend, Chris, said at church Sunday, it costs us something.   

Lord, help me to do for the least of these what you would have me to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment