Monday, January 7, 2013

New Days!

Isn't it such a blessing that we have "new days" as people?  I have been thinking on resolutions that usually are flippantly spouted out, not of individuals who are resolved to do the action required, but out of wishful thinkers!  Oh, I am guilty to be sure!  I know all too well how those good thoughts and even plans fall to the wayside and never find fruition.

There are those times when we step out though...take a big or little leap of faith and shout, at least from the inside, "Lord, help me!" We start making some grand changes and then...we crash and burn within three days...wallowing in self-pity and loathing our pathetic willpower.  C'mon, you know what I'm talking about out there!

God is really meeting me in my recent "new day" and setting some tools in my path to spur me on to success!  He truly does go before us and makes a way when we ask and believe.

I just want to encourage all of you "new day-ers" who are brave enough to jump...or even tip-toe...out into another wishful thought that big changes are most often made by little decisions that culminate into goals reached.

Don't be discouraged when you fall.  A new day awaits you...with God's grace (empowerment) to help you conquer!  Don't accept defeat and don't be swayed from the goal.  With God, nothing is impossible for you! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment