Thursday, February 21, 2013

Prayers of Thanksgiving Guard the Heart


Philippians 4:6-7
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Here it is!  This is the verse that God anointed with revelation to my heart in the last couple of years!

How many of us know this one?  We can quote it...probably even know a couple different songs with it!

We have heard it in sermons, had others encourage us with it, probably felt guilty by it!  But, I want to shout this out:  if you can really get what God is saying in these two verses, you can change your daily life!

All that I have been sharing in previous posts culminates right here!

Let's break it down.

DO NOT be anxious...okay, not a suggestion here.  Don't!  Do not!  

Don't waste your time being anxious-worried, troubled, but in EVERY SINGLE THING, by prayers and requests WITH THANKSGIVING, talk to God.

THEN, the peace of God...which goes beyond what makes sense to you, will guard your heart and mind.

Now, link this to that famous portion of Proverbs 4:23 Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.

I had never seen these verses linked together.  Above all the other wisdom being poured out in Proverbs, we are told to guard our heart.  I always wondered how to do that!

NOW I know the how...by choosing to not allow myself to get anxious about anything, but turning every thought into a prayer of thanksgiving so the peace of God can reign in my heart and mind.  

My choices allow God to be exalted above my troubles and guard my heart so that what flows from it, will produce good fruit.  

Try to live like this each hour of each day.  I dare you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment